Thursday, January 16, 2014

A warm Brazilian recipe for New York's cold winters

Hey guys!

As the snowstorm came to New York last week, it reminded me of how I miss Brazil's tropical weather. It was really hard to adapt to the weather here because I have never experienced a blizzard in my country. So that day I was a little homesick. Since I didn`t want to go out to eat, it got to my mind the rich culture of Brazil. So here I am, sharing this recipe, which is really good to do in the winter time; the black beans is always served with rice. It's really tasty and nutritious. In addition to that, we eat it everyday in Brazil. This food is like part of our culture.



  • 1(16 ounces) can black beans
  • 1 small onion (chopped)
  • 1 clove garlic (chopped)
  • 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • salt to taste

Directions:
In a medium saucepan, combine beans, onions and garlic, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Season with cilantro, cayenne and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes and serve


Enjoy it=)

Thanks for sharing, Antonio! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment