Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Meet the NYLC Students: My happiest day ever, by Feroz Ahmed

We are featuring a second essay written by another one of our Post Advanced level students in NYLC Jackson Heights. 

Feroz from Bangladesh shares the "happiest day of his life". Scroll down to read his story!


A TV reporter came to me and asked, “what are the reasons behind your success?” I was shy but jubilant and answered the question.  I am talking about the first public exam that I faced as a tenth grader, where I scored top in my country.

More than ten years have passed and I can still remember everything about that day. In my country, the test after the tenth grade is very important to get admitted to a good college.  Therefore, the test had some significance in respect of designing my future. I scored 98.75% on the test and most interestingly 100% in science and math. My parents were so happy that they embraced me several times on that day. They started crying to celebrate and when people are happy and their joy knows no bound they cry in our culture.  Furthermore, I was floating as all my friends and relatives admired me a lot and to be honest I was so happy to hear those. Many of my relatives visited our house with gifts for me and my grandfather gifted a play station which was so special and made my day. A lot of TV channels came to my house and interviewed me about my strategies of approaching the test. 

My teachers were so proud of me and pronounced my results in front of thousands of students which was amazing.

The day belongs in my permanent memory and I wish to add more of that kind of day in my memory.

Feroz Ahmed
Post advanced level

1 comment: