What ARE you UP TO this Fourth of July?(What are you doing this Fourth of July?)
1. We have get-togethers!A get-together is another way to say a party with friends.
2. We have barbecues!Barbecues can be in someone's backyard, at the park, or at the beach!
3. We go on a picnic!We pack a picnic basket with munchies & summer dishes. We then head to the park or the beach, lay our blanket on the sand or the grass, and enjoy our food!
- MUNCHIES - chips, crackers, & other finger foods
5. We watch a concert!In addition to parades, towns around the U.S. also hold concerts featuring plenty of patriotic music & American folk songs.
The Fourth of July is the day in the U.S. to watch fireworks, and it is held everywhere in cities and towns, large and small! Fireworks usually start shortly after the sun sets around 9 p.m.
(We have tons of fun!)
We hope you have a blast, yourself, this Fourth of July. Have fun outdoors; enjoy the fireworks; be safe, and have a great time!
-- Joe Yu, ESL instructor